Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
- This event has passed.
APTEI Acupuncture & Dry Needling: Lower Extremity
December 15, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$330
Instructor: Tom Kiroplis, MSc.Ed., Dip.Ac., Dip.TCM,
Tom Kiroplis, MSc.Ed., Dip.Ac., Dip.TCM, has been practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine since 1997 and has taught at the Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Toronto since 1998. He is also vice president of the Ontario Association of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Tom has had intense additional training at the University of Nanjing in China, and has been teaching physical therapists Acupuncture within the physiotherapy clinic setting since 2001. As co-owner of two physical therapy clinics, he has worked closely with physical therapists since 1998, adding a wealth of Acupuncture knowledge to physical therapy practices.
The associates and acting facilitators include: Len Kiroplis, PT, Elena Mustata, PT and Irene Cemas, PT
- Gain relevant knowledge in selecting appropriate combination of acupuncture points and/ motor points for a variety of lower extremity disorders.
- Gain hands-on practical experience of treating a variety of lower extremity conditions using acupuncture and dry-needling points learned.
- Understand the theory and practical application of electro-acupuncture for a variety of lower extremity conditions in the clinical setting.
- Apply learned treatment strategies, techniques, and handling skills to clinical case studies.
- Understanding of basic Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Theory relevant to a variety of lower extremity conditions.
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Physical Therapists who are licensed to practice in Canada
- There are NO prerequisites for the ADN: Introduction course
- APTEI “ADN: Introduction” or any past acupuncture education is a pre-requisite for all other APTEI ADN Courses
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
The program is designed for PTs with little or those with extensive previous acupuncture experience. Each APTEI Acupuncture & Dry Needling (ADN) course is designed to be one-day in length (9am-5pm). For PTs with no ADN experience, the introductory course is required prior to continuing with the Advanced courses.
Upon the successful completion of the four (4) APTEI ADN Advanced courses, registrants will be required to complete an examination and will receive a “Advanced Physical Therapy Acupuncture & Dry Needling Certification”.
PTs completing the APTEI ADN program will not be able to identify themselves as an “acupuncturist” or be able to bill under acupuncture extended benefits separately. The APTEI ADN courses are intended for Physiotherapists to improve their overall treatment effectiveness in their daily evidence-based physiotherapy practice.
There is a HIGH Instructor : Student ratio for the courses to ensure one to one needs of the students The students have ongoing mentorship opportunities from the instructors included in the tuition.
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $30.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 2 weeks or less
RECOMMENDED (OPTIONAL) READING
- Hopton A, MacPherson H. Acupuncture for chronic pain: is acupuncture more than an effective placebo? A systematic review of pooled data from meta-analyses. Pain Pract. 2010 Mar-Apr; 10 (2) : 94-102. Epub 2010 Jan 8.
15 people are attending APTEI Acupuncture & Dry Needling: Lower Extremity