Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ): Ottawa, ON
September 7 @ 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm| $250
Sept 7 & 28, 2018 4:30pm-8:00pm
Instructor: Dr. Bahram Jam, PT, FCAMT
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Therapists
- Credentialed with The McKenzie Institute International
This course will enable Physical Therapists to gain a practical knowledge of the possible anatomical factors leading to TMJ pain & dysfunctions.
The course will review basic Physical Therapy approach to the evaluation and highly effective muscular retraining exercises & mobilizations.
An important note regarding the TMJ all Physical Therapists need to be aware of:
Many dentists & physicians are in need of referring their patients with persistent headaches, earaches, and facial pains related to the TMJ to other health care professionals; however they are unaware that some PTs can effectively evaluate and treat the TMJ.
There are great opportunities for PTs to assist their local dentists and help many individuals who suffer from persistent and disabling TMJ conditions. Management includes education on condition, highly effective home exercise programs and gentle mobilizations.
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Physical Therapists who are licensed or who are eligible to be licensed to practice
- There are NO prerequisites for this course
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Course material is referenced from up to date research articles
- An easy to understand practical workbook is provided
- All instructions are provided in a clear and concise manner in order to ensure an effective and enjoyable learning experience
- Note: As this is primarily a practical course, please dress appropriately
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $30.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 2 weeks or less before course date
RECOMMENDED (OPTIONAL) READINGS
- Chisnoiu AM1, Picos AM1, Popa S1, Chisnoiu PD2, Lascu L1, Picos A1, Chisnoiu R3. Factors involved in the etiology of temporomandibular disorders – a literature review. Clujul Med. 2015;88(4):473-8.