Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
- This event has passed.
APTEI Acupuncture & Dry Needling: INTRODUCTION (COURSE FULL!)
January 28, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$295
Instructor: Tom Kiroplis, MSc.Ed., Dip.Ac., Dip.TCM,
- Tom Kiroplis, MSc.Ed., Dip.Ac., Dip.TCM, has been practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine since 1997 and has taught at the Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Toronto since 1998. He is also vice president of the Ontario Association of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Tom has had intense additional training at the University of Nanjing in China, and has been teaching physical therapists Acupuncture within the physiotherapy clinic setting since 2001. As co-owner of two physical therapy clinics, he has worked closely with physical therapists since 1998, adding a wealth of Acupuncture knowledge to physical therapy practices.
- The associates and acting facilitators include: Len Kiroplis, PT, Elena Mustata, PT and Deoanand Persaud, PT
1) Discuss the history, the evidence, indications and most importantly contra-indications and safety concerns related to acupuncture and dry needling.
2) Discuss the basic Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Theory
3) Understand the theory and practical application of acupuncture for a variety of common musculoskeletal conditions in the clinical setting.
4) Apply learned treatment strategies, techniques, and handling skills safely and effectively to sample clinical case studies.
PTs will immediately be able to apply needling into their practice upon successful completion of this course
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Physical Therapists who are licensed to practice in Canada
- There are NO prerequisites for the ADN: Introduction course as this course is only for those with no previous acupuncture or needling experience
APTEI “ADN: Introduction” or any past acupuncture education is a pre-requisite for all other APTEI ADN Courses
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
The program is designed for PTs with little or those with extensive previous acupuncture experience. Each APTEI Acupuncture & Dry Needling (ADN) course is designed to be one-day in length (9am-5pm). For PTs with no ADN experience, the introductory course is required prior to continuing with the Advanced courses.
Upon the successful completion of the four (4) APTEI ADN Advanced courses, registrants will be required to complete an examination and will receive a “Advanced Physical Therapy Acupuncture & Dry Needling Certification”.
PTs completing the APTEI ADN program will not be able to identify themselves as an “acupuncturist” or be able to bill under acupuncture extended benefits separately. The APTEI ADN courses are intended for Physiotherapists to improve their overall treatment effectiveness in their daily evidence-based physiotherapy practice.
There is a HIGH Instructor : Student ratio for the courses to ensure one to one needs of the students
The students have ongoing mentorship opportunities from the instructors included in the tuition.
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $30.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 2 weeks or less
RECOMMENDED (OPTIONAL) READINGS
- Hopton A, MacPherson H. Acupuncture for chronic pain: is acupuncture more than an effective placebo? A systematic review of pooled data from meta-analyses. Pain Pract. 2010 Mar-Apr;10(2):94-102. Epub 2010 Jan 8.
37 people are attending APTEI Acupuncture & Dry Needling: INTRODUCTION (COURSE FULL!)