Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
CERVICAL SPINE DYSFUNCTIONS: Waterloo, ON (An OPA Sponsored course)
January 12, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Instructor: Dr. Bahram Jam, PT, FCAMT
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Therapists
- Credentialed with The McKenzie Institute International
This course will optimize “hands on” skills required for evaluation and treatment of patients with common articular dysfunctions and muscular imbalances leading to persistent cervical pain.
The focus will also be on muscular training, proprioceptive training, cervical mobilization and thoracic manipulation techniques for the treatment of cervical articular dysfunctions and discuss the research behind their potential effects.
Note: Registration is not via APTEI web site but via the Ontario Physiotherapy Association web site
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Physical Therapists who are licensed or who are eligible to be licensed to practice
- There are NO prerequisites for this course
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Course material is referenced from up to date research articles
- An easy to understand practical workbook is provided
- All instructions are provided in a clear and concise manner in order to ensure an effective and enjoyable learning experience
- Note: As this is primarily a practical course, please dress appropriately
For registration please visit the OPA Web site
RECOMMENDED (OPTIONAL) READING
Cleland JA, et al Development of a clinical prediction rule for guiding treatment of a subgroup of patients with neck pain: use of thoracic spine manipulation, exercise, and patient education Phys Ther. 2007 Jan;87(1):9-23.