Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
Hip Osteoarthrtis: A LIVE ONLINE COURSE
October 1 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm$69
This is a LIVE interactive online PRACTICAL course.
This course is complimentary ONLY for PT residents. You may register by clicking on “Pay by cheque” option.
Friday October 1, 2021 (4 hrs)
Instructor: Dr. Bahram Jam, PT, FCAMT
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Therapists
- Credentialed with The McKenzie Institute International
This course will enable health care providers to gain a practical knowledge of the possible anatomical and surprising factors leading to hip joint OA, pain and disability.
The course will review a clinically focused approach to the evaluation of hip dysfunction and correctly diagnosing hip OA
Based on current studies and latest systematic reviews, the management options reviewed will include
i) Ideal functional movements to minimize fear and maximize compliance
ii) Effective and novel muscular and proprioceptive retraining exercises
iii) Daily life modifications
iv) Knowing when there may be a central sensitization component
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Physical Therapists who are licensed or who are eligible to be licensed to practice
- All health care providers interested in effective management of hip disorders
- There are NO prerequisites for this course
This is a COAST to COAST course, so please ensure you have the correct time for your time zone. The start time will be…
5pm (AST/East Coast)
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Course material is referenced from up to date research articles
- An easy to understand practical e-workbook is provided
- All instructions are provided in a clear and concise manner in order to ensure an effective and enjoyable online learning experience
- Note: This is also a practical course but practiced on self
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $20.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 1 week or less before course date
RECOMMENDED (OPTIONAL) READINGS
- Alentorn-Geli et al The Association of Recreational and Competitive Running With Hip and Knee Osteoarthritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2017 May 13:1-36.