Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
- This event has passed.
LUMBAR SPINE (Dysfunctions): Lethbridge, AB
June 1, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$250
DUE TO THE UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, THE COURSE MAY BE POSTPONED.
WE ARE REGRETTABLY UNABLE TO OFFER ANY REFUNDS AT THE PRESENT UNTIL APTEI IS BACK RUNNING.
Your full tuition will of course remain on credit with APTEI for any future course.
We sincerely apologize as this situation is well beyond our control. Thank you for your understanding and wishing you health until we see you again.
Friday June 19, 2020 (9am-5pm)
Instructor: Dr. Bahram Jam; PT, FCAMT
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Therapists
- Credentialed with The McKenzie Institute International
This one-day course will help optimize “hands on” skills required for the evaluation, identification and treatment of acute or sub-acute lumbo-pelvic pain primarily related to lumbar dysfunctions.
Focus will also be on identification and effective management of fear-avoidance beliefs for patients with low back pain as without addressing this factor, manual therapy or exercise based treatments are often futile.
“Upon completion, the registrant will be able to identify mechanical lumbar pain related to ‘dysfunctions’ and treat patients using an evidence-based approach. The registrant will be able to apply research-based manual therapies & independent exercises for the effective management of acute, sub-acute or persistent low back pain.”
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Physical Therapists who are licensed or who are eligible to be licensed to practice
- There are no prerequisites for this course
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Course material is referenced from up to date research articles
- An easy to understand practical workbook is provided
- All instructions are provided in a clear and concise manner in order to ensure an effective and enjoyable learning experience
- Note: As this is primarily a practical course, please dress appropriately
Tax Receipts provided on course date
RECOMMENDED (OPTIONAL) VIDEOS
Light bulb story (2 min): https://youtu.be/g-FmhXIT0b8
The Pain Truth 1 (8 min): https://youtu.be/GPjv97unQu0
The Pain Truth 2 (5 min): https://youtu.be/qy3DeTAaoXo
The Pain Truth 3 (20 min): https://youtu.be/pctt02Ka5Fk
6 people are attending LUMBAR SPINE (Dysfunctions): Lethbridge, AB