Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
- This event has passed.
Lumbar Spine (A 1-day course): Toronto, ON
October 31, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$250
Sat. October 31, 2020
Instructor: Dr. Bahram Jam; PT, FCAMT
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Therapists
- Credentialed with The McKenzie Institute International
Review assessment skills for the classification of individuals presenting with acute and persistent Lumbo-pelvic pain.
Review the most effective treatment / management options based on the UNIQUE presentation of the patient including manual therapies such as lumbar manipulation, exercise prescription and pain science education.
Physical Therapists will be provided with workbook that will systematically guide the physical evaluation process.
Upon completion of this course and the examination, you will be able to roster with the College to perform the specific manipulation taught in this course.
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- This program is restricted to Registered Physical Therapists who are licensed to practice in Canada, or PT students awaiting licensing.
- There are NO prerequisites for this program
- Prior completion of previous APTEI lumbar courses are optional, but NOT compulsory
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $30.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 2 weeks or less before course date / Full refund if cancellation is due to COVID symptoms
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
- All attendees are required to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire
- There will be a limit to the class (based on current provincial regulations)
- All students will be well spaced apart for the lecture section of the course
- A mask will be worn throughout the course
- Hand sanitizers and hand washing stations will be readily available
- For the practical sections, each student will be limited to only ONE other partner, while taking proper safety precautions
- Participation in the practical sections of the course will be optional, based on the attendees level of comfort