Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
Introduction to VESTIBULAR Rehabilitation: Ottawa, ON
May 25, 2019 @ 9:00 am - May 26, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$495
May 25-26, 2019
Saturday & Sunday 9am-5pm
Instructor: Jenni Veneruz ; PT
This 2 day course will provide health care professionals with the appropriate knowledge and tools to identify patients with peripheral vestibular disorders, properly assess & provide effective, evidence based treatments.
1. Understand the anatomy & physiology of the inner ear and how it relates to peripheral vestibular disorders.
2. Complete a full vestibular assessment & understand appropriate outcome measures for this population.
3. Be able to identify “red flags” & know when to refer on.
4. Assess & treat different variations of BPPV.
5. Develop a comprehensive vestibular rehabilitation program & understand appropriate progressions for patients with unilateral & bilateral vestibular loss.
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $50.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 2 weeks or less before course date
ABOUT the INSTRUCTOR
Jenni Veneruz graduated from the University of Toronto in 1995. She has worked in both hospital and private clinic settings. Jenni started InFocus Rehabilitation as a homecare company in 2007, exclusively assessing and treating patients with vestibular impairments. She opened her clinic in 2011 where she continues to treat this population. Jenni has successfully treated over 2000 clients with inner ear disorders and is well respected by area physicians and specialists.
Jenni has trained with Susan Herdman and was certified in Vestibular Rehabilitation at Emory University in Atlanta. She has a passion for treating people with vestibular impairments and recognizes a need for further educating our health professionals in this area.