Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
Cervical Spine / WAD (A 1-day course): Brampton, ON
February 10, 2024 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$225.00
Sat. February 10, 2023
Instructor: Dr. Bahram Jam; PT, FCAMT
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Therapists
- Credentialed with The McKenzie Institute International
This course will enable Physical Therapists and all health care providers interested, to gain a practical knowledge of the possible anatomical and psychosocial factors leading to persistent pain related to cervical whiplash associated disorders (WAD).
So what does the evidence (as of 2023) thus far tell us regarding optimal management of WADs?
- Patient re-assurance ++
- Pain Education
- Maintenance of activity levels, but not too much
- General exercise program
- Specific exercise programs focusing on neck and shoulders
- Encouragement of coping strategies
- Simple analgesics
Although the research papers make the management sound so simple, we all know it is not so easy. This course will help you become more confident in your treatment of WADs knowing that you’re providing the best treatments based on the best available evidence.
View my video on WAD
View my video on one reason for delayed recovery in WADs
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- This program is restricted to Registered Physical Therapists who are licensed to practice in Canada, or PT students awaiting licensing.
- There are NO prerequisites for this program
- Prior completion of previous APTEI courses are optional, but NOT compulsory
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
Certificates & Tax Receipts provided on course date / $30.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 2 weeks or less before course date