Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
- This event has passed.
Cervical Whiplash Injuries: A LIVE ONLINE COURSE
June 18, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$69
This is a LIVE interactive online PRACTICAL course.
Friday June 18, 2021 (4 hrs)
Instructor: Dr. Bahram Jam, PT, FCAMT
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Therapists
- Credentialed with The McKenzie Institute International
This course will enable Physical Therapists and all health care providers interested, to gain a practical knowledge of the possible anatomical and psychosocial factors leading to persistent pain related to cervical whiplash associated disorders (WAD).
So what does the evidence (as of 2020) thus far tell us regarding optimal management of WADs?
- Patient re-assurance ++
- Pain Education
- Maintenance of activity levels, but not too much
- General exercise program
- Specific exercise programs focusing on neck and shoulders
- Encouragement of coping strategies
- Simple analgesics
Although the research papers make the management sound so simple, we all know it is not so easy. This course will help you become more confident in your treatment of WADs knowing that you’re providing the best treatments based on the best available evidence.
View my video on WAD
View my video on one reason for delayed recovery in WADs
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Physical Therapists who are licensed or who are eligible to be licensed to practice
- All health care providers interested in effective management of WADs
- There are NO prerequisites for this course
This is a COAST to COAST course, so please ensure you have the correct time for your time zone. The start time will be…
10am (AST/East Coast)
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Course material is referenced from up to date research articles
- An easy to understand practical e-workbook is provided
- All instructions are provided in a clear and concise manner in order to ensure an effective and enjoyable online learning experience
- Note: This is also a practical course but practiced on self
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $20.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 1 week or less before course date
RECOMMENDED (OPTIONAL) READINGS
7 people are attending Cervical Whiplash Injuries: A LIVE ONLINE COURSE