Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
APTEI Acupuncture & Dry Needling Certification EXAMINATION
June 9 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$195.00
Instructor: Tom Kiroplis, MSc.Ed., Dip.Ac., Dip.TCM,
- Tom Kiroplis, MSc.Ed., Dip.Ac., Dip.TCM, has been practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine since 1997 and has taught at the Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Toronto since 1998. He is also vice president of the Ontario Association of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Tom has had intense additional training at the University of Nanjing in China, and has been teaching physical therapists Acupuncture within the physiotherapy clinic setting since 2001. As co-owner of two physical therapy clinics, he has worked closely with physical therapists since 1998, adding a wealth of Acupuncture knowledge to physical therapy practices.
- The associates and acting facilitators include: Len Kiroplis, PT, Elena Mustata, PT and Deoanand Persaud, PT
The ADN Examination will consist of two components, one-hour written and one hour practical. The examination content will be strictly from the information outlined in the course manuals provided on the ADN Introduction and the four Advanced courses.
The examination will focus on safety, response in case of adverse reaction, proper needling skills, and point selection. Upon successful completion of the ADN Examination the clinician will be granted
“APTEI Acupuncture & Dry Needling Certification”
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Physical Therapists who are licensed to practice in Canada
- Successful completion all 4 Advanced ADN courses
PTs completing the APTEI ADN examination will not be able to identify themselves as an “acupuncturist” or be able to bill under acupuncture extended benefits separately. The APTEI ADN program is intended for Physiotherapists to improve their overall treatment effectiveness in their daily evidence-based physiotherapy practice.
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $30.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 2 weeks or less
RECOMMENDED (OPTIONAL) READINGS
- The course manuals provided on the ADN Introduction and the four Advanced ADN courses.