Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
- This event has passed.
LOW BACK PAIN: A radically new PRACTICAL approach
October 23, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$225.00
Sun. October 23, 2022
Instructor: Dr. Bahram Jam; PT, FCAMT
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Therapists
- Credentialed with The McKenzie Institute International
“…the total financial cost of back pain is about three times greater than the total cost of all forms of cancer diseases…” (Egdon Jonsson in Nachemson 2000)
A systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study concludes that lower back pain (LBP) is the leading global cause of disability in most countries and the incidence is increasing (GBD in Lancet 2016).
Ironically the costs of care and interventions for management of LBP are increasing (Dieleman et al 2016).
In is now 2022… what is going on????
The aim of this one-day practical, movement-based & immediately clinically applicable course is to review and expand on all the optimal management strategies suggested by the most recent Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs).
CPGs are developed around the world for the optimal management of LBP by recommending effective evidence-based interventions while discouraging ineffective interventions (O’Connel 2018).
The most up to date CPGs have the following basic 6 recommendations for non-specific LBP:
- Rule out specific serious spinal pathology (i.e. red flags, neural signs)
- Encourage an early return to activity
- Promote the importance of self-management (e.g. optimal movements & loading)
- Against routine imaging
- Physical exercise
- Assessment & management of psychosocial factors
IS THAT REALLY ENOUGH? I DON’T THINK SO…
There must be more to helping those with LBP than just the above 6 recommendations.
A radically new approach to LBP is needed! Here are my suggestions…. see you at the course
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- All healthcare providers who are interested in the most updated interventions for helping those dealing with acute, sub-acute and persistent LBP
- This course is also aimed towards anyone who wishes to focus more in PREVENTING acute LBP from becoming persistent leading to long-term disabilities
- There are NO prerequisites for this program
- This 1-day course is NOT similar to my 4-day lumbo-pelvic course
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $25.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 2 weeks or less before course date