Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
- This event has passed.
APTEI Single Point Dry Needling (SPDN): Upper Quadrant
October 29, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$360.00
Instructor: Tom Kiroplis, MSc.Ed., Dip.Ac., Dip.TCM,
- Tom Kiroplis, MSc.Ed., Dip.Ac., Dip.TCM, has been practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine since 1997 and has taught at the Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Toronto since 1998. He is also the former vice president of the Ontario Association of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Tom has had intense additional training at the University of Nanjing in China, and has been teaching physical therapists Acupuncture within the physiotherapy clinic setting since 2001. As co-owner of two physical therapy clinics, he has worked closely with physical therapists since 1998, adding a wealth of Acupuncture knowledge to physical therapy practices.
- The associates and acting facilitators include: Elena Mustata, Nils Perez, Stephanie Gilmour and Sunil Bhatia
1) Gain relevant knowledge in selecting appropriate combination of SINGLE motor points for a variety of upper quadrant disorders.
2) Understand the theory and practical application of electro-acupuncture in combination with a SINGLE motor point for a variety of cervical and upper extremity conditions in the clinical setting.
3) Apply learned treatment strategies, techniques, and handling skills to clinical case studies.
SPDN is an effective motor point needling technique used with or without an Acupen for the purpose of pain reduction, tissue healing and muscle lengthening.
Muscles covered include
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Physical Therapists who are licensed to practice in Canada
- APTEI “ADN: Introduction” or
- Previous Acupuncture training & practice in CANADA are prerequisites for this course
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
The program is designed for PTs with little or those with extensive previous acupuncture experience. Each APTEI Acupuncture & Dry Needling (ADN) course is designed to be one-day in length (9am-5pm). For PTs with no ADN experience, the introductory course is required prior to continuing with single point dry needling (SPDN) Courses.
Upon the successful completion of the four (6) APTEI ADN/SPDN Advanced courses, registrants will be required to complete an examination and will receive a “Advanced Physical Therapy Acupuncture & Dry Needling Certification”.
PTs completing the APTEI ADN program will not be able to identify themselves as an “acupuncturist” or be able to bill under acupuncture extended benefits separately. The APTEI ADN courses are intended for Physiotherapists to improve their overall treatment effectiveness in their daily evidence-based physiotherapy practice.
There is a HIGH Instructor: Student ratio for the courses to ensure one to one needs of the students
The students have ongoing mentorship opportunities from the instructors included in the tuition.
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $30.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 2 weeks or less