Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
- This event has passed.
Shoulder Pain: What’s new? A lot!
November 26, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$225.00
This is an in-person PRACTICAL 1-day course.
Saturday November 26, 2022
Instructor: Dr. Bahram Jam, PT, FCAMT
- Member of the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Therapists
- Credentialed with The McKenzie Institute International
This course will increase your confidence in diagnosing and managing various causes of shoulder pain including: subacromial sensitivity, instabilities and contracture capsulitis (formally known as adhesive capsulitis or frozen shoulder).
Based on current studies and latest systematic reviews, the management options reviewed will include
i) Ideal functional movements to minimize fear and maximize compliance
ii) Effective and muscular and proprioceptive retraining exercises
iii) Daily life modifications
iv) Knowing when there may be a central sensitization component
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- Physical Therapists who are licensed or who are eligible to be licensed to practice
- All health care providers interested in effective management of shoulder disorders
- There are NO prerequisites for this course
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Course material is referenced from up to date research articles
- An easy to understand practical workbook is provided
- All instructions are provided in a clear and concise manner in order to ensure an effective and enjoyable online learning experience
Tax Receipts provided on course date / $30.00 is non-refundable / No refunds for cancellations 2 weeks or less before course date
RECOMMENDED (OPTIONAL) READINGS
- Ketola S, Lehtinen JT, Arnala I. Arthroscopic decompression not recommended in the treatment of rotator cuff tendinopathy: a final review of a randomised controlled trial at a minimum follow-up of ten years. Bone Joint J. 2017 Jun;99-B(6):799-805.