Use the search below to find a location or a course (e.g. Toronto or BC or shoulder)
PERSISTENT PAIN & The Pain Truth Certification (1.5 days)
September 7 @ 8:00 am - September 8 @ 1:00 pm$395.00
Instructor: Dr. Bahram Jam; PT, FCAMT
- Member of the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Therapists
- Credentialed with The McKenzie Institute International
Upon completion of the program, the Physical Therapist will be confident in differentiating nociceptive, peripheral neurogenic and central sensitization pain.
The primary focus of this program is to address central sensitization in conditions such as persistent spinal pain, persistent WAD, Fibromyalgia and complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS).
Management will first focus on developing skills for building therapeutic alliance. Evidence will be provided supporting that patient-therapist communication is the highest predictor of success when assisting those with persistent pain.
Secondly the program will provide practical skills for providing pain education and functional goal setting and reducing the often inevitable focus on pain.
Finally we will be incorporating the concepts of neuroplasticity to help positively alter the central nervous system with mindfulness movement exercises, mirror therapy and graded motor imagery (GMI).
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
- This program is for all health care providers with who wish to maximize their understanding and their effectiveness in managing persistent pain.
- There are NO prerequisites for this program
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION